Massive Amounts of Food, Booze, Napping, and Shopping this is my forecast for the next few days.
I'm not a guru. I'm human, but here are a few of my Thanksgiving hacks that help me manage the multiple Thanksgiving meals and get-togethers.
Go into Thanksgiving with a plentiful mindset. We all know that each place will have way more food than anyone could ever eat.
1. Enjoy the Holiday! No restriction. No Self Punishments.
2. Start with a smaller plate than everyone else. This immediately cuts down on calorie intake. If you eat everything on your plate, go back and get a little bit more. You also don't need to eat everything on your plate.
3. Thanksgiving food can be carb heavy (bread, stuffing, pies, crackers, creamy veggies, mashed potatoes). I like to start with Turkey or Ham, then fill in with the rest. I take a little bit of everything and a lot of STUFFING. I love it. You don't need two cups of mashed potatoes, three buns, 14 full-sized desserts. Moderation is key! You can get more.
4. When hitting the dessert table, pick your favorite one. If you can't choose, have a small sliver of a couple that you love that equals one serving.
5. Don't forget to drink water in between your Egg Nog or Tom & Jerrys.
6. Snacking can creep up on you. If you're standing around the kitchen island grabbing a bite of this and a bit of that, it can add up. I suggest a little self-awareness. You might not be hungry; you're just snacking because it's around.
7. If you have time for some Pre-Thanksgiving Fitness, do it. It will help you feel better throughout the day.
8. Take time to be grateful. I love the hustle and bustle of the holidays. I love the laughter, football, naps by the fireplace, card games, and feeling the energy of a blessed life.
I hope this finds you staying warm and embracing this early winter weather.
Living in the Midwest during the 7 months of cold can be hard to stay on track with eating well most of the time, keeping with your fitness, fighting seasonal depression, and not packing on the winter fifteen.
Should we just be practicing B average fitness? This means we find the happy medium of working out, working on personal growth, eat healthily, but don't deprive ourselves. I'm going to bring this back around to body image and how through a million different humans eyes that you are beautiful to someone, and we will never be everyone's cup of tea, so we need to really work towards being comfortable with our own bodies. We put so much pressure on ourselves to look a certain way but are you doing it for you or because you think you should look that way based on society's standards. Think about all the beautiful people in the world, and that's what is amazing about life. Look at Lizzo (if you don't know her use the google machine) She is on a massive movement preaching about body acceptance. She is beautiful because she is confident in who she is and her body. Then you have Katrin Davidsdottir. She is one of the top female CrossFitters. Her body is rock solid, muscles for days, but is her body the goal? Gwyneth Paltrow, when you look at her, she is long and lean. Does this catch your eye? The last one, maybe there is an older picture of you that you compare your current self to. How has your life changed since that picture?
If this feels daunting to you, I get it! I'm here with you. We are all doing the best we can, and when we are ready to take it to the next level, you'll up your game.