Massive Amounts of Food, Booze, Napping, and Shopping this is my forecast for the next few days.
I'm not a guru. I'm human, but here are a few of my Thanksgiving hacks that help me manage the multiple Thanksgiving meals and get-togethers.
Go into Thanksgiving with a plentiful mindset. We all know that each place will have way more food than anyone could ever eat.
1. Enjoy the Holiday! No restriction. No Self Punishments.
2. Start with a smaller plate than everyone else. This immediately cuts down on calorie intake. If you eat everything on your plate, go back and get a little bit more. You also don't need to eat everything on your plate.
3. Thanksgiving food can be carb heavy (bread, stuffing, pies, crackers, creamy veggies, mashed potatoes). I like to start with Turkey or Ham, then fill in with the rest. I take a little bit of everything and a lot of STUFFING. I love it. You don't need two cups of mashed potatoes, three buns, 14 full-sized desserts. Moderation is key! You can get more.
4. When hitting the dessert table, pick your favorite one. If you can't choose, have a small sliver of a couple that you love that equals one serving.
5. Don't forget to drink water in between your Egg Nog or Tom & Jerrys.
6. Snacking can creep up on you. If you're standing around the kitchen island grabbing a bite of this and a bit of that, it can add up. I suggest a little self-awareness. You might not be hungry; you're just snacking because it's around.
7. If you have time for some Pre-Thanksgiving Fitness, do it. It will help you feel better throughout the day.
8. Take time to be grateful. I love the hustle and bustle of the holidays. I love the laughter, football, naps by the fireplace, card games, and feeling the energy of a blessed life.